Incredibly Easy Ways to Improve Google+ Engagement
As the social media landscape continues to evolve, keeping up with the latest tools and networks can feel like a never-ending battle.
It can also be confusing.
Shifting from Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn to a social site like Google Plus that comes with a new language, look and feel is daunting.
But it’s worth the time and effort!
If you’re eager to increase your digital footprint, Google Plus has the ability to propel your online presence forward.
Whether you’re a new Google Plus user or need a few tips on how to maximize the platform, this article will get you up to speed.
Below are five ways to improve Google+ engagement!
Use Circles to Network and Share Strategically
Circles are an excellent way to manage your conversations and content.
Through circles, you have the ability to categorize various interest groups, communities and niche specific topics that are important to you.
For instance, you can create a circle around a theme. Whether you love pets, baking, fishing or social media marketing, design circles that are inclusive to that particular interest or profession.
Using circles will keep current relationships lively and build new ones. Purposefully use circles to target and remain connected to the right people.
Join Hangouts and Communities
Google+ is not only a social network, but also a powerful social platform that integrates key networking tools such as hangouts and communities.
Both are worth investing resources and time to cultivate.
Google+ hangouts and communities are not only excellent ways to build personal brand recognition, but also a way to make important connections.
Optimize Your Profile
Make sure your Google+ profile is optimized for search. A few ways you can ensure the right people land on your Google+ profile:
- Write a detailed “about” that includes information about you and your business. Be straightforward in the value you bring to the network and what type of content you offer. Also add details about what you do, who you’re passionate in serving, and how your business, product or service can assist potential clients.
- Share details about your hobbies and interests outside of your business. Conversation happens when you share fascinating facts and tidbits that connect with others.
- Your profile image should be professional and consistent with your brand. It’s a crucial element in creating a streamlined look and feel from one network to the next.
- Do you know the terms your potential customers use when researching your industry or niche? Google is eager to tell your story, and Google+ helps you spread that message. Know your keywords and use them in an authentic and organic manner.
- As you build out your “about” section, remember to use industry specific keywords along with your city, state and primary location.
Sharing or posting content is not sufficient if you want to develop deep and meaningful relationships.
Begin by making comments on other people’s posts, asking questions, offering feedback and adding your voice to the conversation.
Always respond to inquiries and never be afraid to add your unique perspective or opinion to an existing discussion.
Quick Tips to Spark Conversation:
- Encourage conversation by ending your post with a question.
- Build campaigns that inspire client interaction. Make them simple and fun, allowing clients an opportunity to get to know you and your company.
- Create and share quality content that is relevant to your audience.
- Solve a problem, answer a top question or share a tip that will make your followers life easier.
- Make response to the comments or questions of the users.
- Use + mentions whenever appropriate to engage the right people and drive them to join the conversation.
Integrate with Your Website or Blog
Add a Google+ badge to your website to make it easy for visitors to easily find and connect with you.
Navigate to the Google+ Developers platform where you’ll be able to design your Google+ Badge. Once it’s complete, you will copy and paste the code wherever you choose to display your badge within your site.
How are you using Google+ to build your business? I’d love to hear your top tip in the comments below!
November 1, 2016 by Louise MyersSeptember 3, 2016 by John Paul Aguiar
June 15, 2016 by Michael Currey
March 1, 2016 by Sandra ZorattiFebruary 14, 2016 by John Paul Aguiar